Reasor’s Donates over 1.96 Million Pounds of Food to the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma in 2019Posted on January 9th, 2020
Throughout 2019 Reasor’s had many fundraising drives for the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma. During the year, Reasor’s donated 1,673,386 pounds of food to the foodbank, which provides 1,394,488 meals to the community. We know that 17 % of our statewide population is considered food insecure. 1 in 4 children are at risk of going to bed hungry and 1 in 10 of our senior citizens struggle with hunger. That’s why we want to help. From Recycle Hope, to Food 2 Families, Stamp Out Hunger and our Perishable Pick Up Program that donates all unsalable, distressed, or close to dated food directly to the food bank, we want to make a difference in our community.
- Donation of over 1,556,492 pounds in food product to the Eastern Oklahoma Community Foodbank. We believe that it is our duty to help our community and our environment. We want to reduce waste and increase sustainability. That’s why we have a perishable pick up program in place to donate all unsalable, surplus, distressed, or close to date food directly to the Eastern Oklahoma Community Food Bank. Every week the Food Bank receives these items from our stores and delivers it to those in need in our community.
- Food 2 Families promotion benefiting the Eastern Oklahoma Community Foodbank raised a total of $145,960.
- Stamp Out Hunger promotion benefiting the Eastern Oklahoma Community Foodbank raised a total of $57,939.
- Recycle Hope benefitting the Eastern Oklahoma Community Foodbank raised a total of $33,071.40 last year, which totals $228,060.57 since we started this program in 2011. Customers that bring reusable bags have the option of donating a .06 credit per bag used to the foodbank or .06 off of their grocery bill.
- Spread the Love Peanut Butter & Jelly Drive was implemented at select locations between February 11th through the 18th. Additionally, there was a text drive where customers could donate money directly to the Food Bank.
The total of all of these donations combined resulted in 1,394,488 meals to those in need. So, in the coming year, watch our ads, website and email blasts for opportunities to give back to our incredible community.
About the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma:
The mission of the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma is to feed the hungry of eastern Oklahoma through a network of Partner Agencies and to engage our communities in ending hunger. Our vision is food security, with dignity, for all eastern Oklahomans. We are the largest private hunger-relief organization in eastern Oklahoma.